When Kindred was released, it was a very strong jungler. Building attack speed and taking advantage of its infinite scaling, people considered it to be one of the strongest jungle champions in the game. Nerfs and metagame changes made the perception of Kindred shift to the state it is in now—troll pick. Riot Games are trying to fix the problem by reworking Kindred’s whole kit instead of playing with its numbers a little bit.
Currently, these are the planned Kindred changes:
Q – Dance of Arrows
- No longer gains base damage per stack of Mark of the Kindred
- Now grants Kindred 10/15/20/25/30% attack speed for 4 seconds on cast, increased by 5% per stack of Mark of the Kindred
- AD Ratio :: Changed from 0.2 Total AD ratio >>> 0.75 Bonus AD Ratio
- Base Vault Speed :: increased from 400 >>> 500
W – Wolf’s Frenzy
- Can now direct Wolf to a position within 500 units of Lamb before creating the hunting territory. Wolf can go over walls while travelling in this way. This range does not scale with Mark Of the Kindred stacks.
- Wolf now deals magic damage instead of physical damage
- Wolf now deals an additional 1.5% of the target’s current health per attack as base damage, increased by 0.5% per stack of Mark of the Kindred
- AD Ratio :: 0.4 Total AD ratio >>> 0.2 Bonus AD Ratio
E – Mounting Dread
- Damage Type of Wolf’s Attack :: Changed from physical >>> magic
- Base damage :: Reduced from 40/75/110/145/180 >>> 40/60/80/100/120
- Missile Speed of Wolf’s attack :: Increased from 1600 >>> 2000
- AD Ratio :: 0.2 Total AD ratio >>> 0.8 Bonus AD Ratio
- % Health Damage :: Changed from 5% max health damage >>> 8% Missing Health damage, increased by 0.5% per stack of Mark of the Kindred
- Jaws of Death :: Wolf’s attack critically strikes targets below 15% health for 50% more damage. Critical Strike chance increases the % health threshold for this critical strike to occur by 0.5% per 1% crit chance.
Passive – Mark of The Kindred
- No longer grants Lamb bonus % current health damage on her basic attacks
- Now amplifies all of Kindred’s basic abilities in the ways mentioned above
- Every 4 marks increases Kindred’s basic attack, Dance of Arrows and Mounting Dread’s cast range. The first 4 marks increase their ranges by 75, while every 4 marks after increase their ranges by 25.
If the rework works out as planned, Kindred should no longer depend on on-hit damage. Instead, it will be a proper Jungle AD Carry, scaling with actual attack damage instead of on-hit effects. The intention is to have Kindred be able to pressure the enemy team well in the early game, have a bit of a slump in mid game just like most AD Carries currently have, and then scale well into late. It looks okay at the moment, but we will have to see howw it performs on live for a week or two before any sufficient conclusions can be drawn.